Photoworks offer to schools
Gallery Visits and Artists in Schools
Our team can put together a bespoke project or day trip for your students to enrich their creative learning that includes some or all of the following:
- Facilitated exhibition visit/tour of a Photoworks exhibition (to include simple, practical photography activities).
- Practical photography workshops in a classroom setting led by an artist/photographer. All equipment including digital cameras and photo printers supplied.
- Artists’ talk by an exhibiting artist/photographer, or an individual who is contributing to the Photoworks programme.
We recognise the difficulty in taking students out of school, and the unique educational value of our exhibitions programme. Our virtual walk throughs and 360° tours of our exhibitions give students the opportunity to experience the work in situ. A number of these virtual visits are accompanied by resources for teachers.
Photoworks regularly produces downloadable resource packs that support engagement with photography and explore key themes within other subject areas. These free resources for teachers are linked to our exhibitions programme and projects such as Brighton Photo Biennial and the Jerwood/Photoworks Award.
- Discover Arts Award can be completed in one day through activities listed above.
- Explore, Bronze, Silver and Gold is achievable with additional work in the classroom or at home.
- Students receive their own personalised certificates for these nationally accredited qualifications.
Suitable for Primary and Secondary schools, the content of your visit, session length and group sizes can be tailored to meet your specific requirements. Activities inspire and inform the Art & Design or Photography curriculum, but can also be linked to other areas of the curriculum such as raising literacy in Primary settings, or enrich Secondary subjects such as English, Science, Citizenship, or History.
Artsmark is awarded by Arts Council England to schools and education settings who actively champion arts and culture. Photoworks can help your school achieve the Artsmark award by offering advice, CPD opportunities and teaching resources that will help you plan and develop your arts provision and incorporate creativity across the curriculum. For further information about how Photoworks can help you achieve your award visit our Artsmark page. All Artsmark settings will receive a 20% discount on Photoworks’ activities that carry a cost, see below.
Continuing Professional Development
Photoworks offers bespoke CPD sessions for teachers using photography as a creative tool for learning across the curriculum. We have a strong track record of delivering high quality twilight and full-day activities in both Primary & Secondary settings. Previous bespoke training includes: Drawing & Photography, Raising Literacy through Photography in Primary Settings, Creative Use of the Camera in the Classroom, Exploring LGBTQ+ Issues in School and Youth Settings.
- One day gallery visit (to include simple photography activities) £350 (per class)
- Twilight CPD event for teachers £450 (max 20 places)
- Artist led workshops (school based) £300 (per day, per class)
- Arts Award costs not included
- 20% discount exclusive to Artsmark Settings
Costs of longer partnership projects will have lower daily rates, but may incur project management fees.