Saturday Club – Photography Club
Aged 13 – 16 and interested in photography? Come and join our Photography Club!
Photoworks is working with the University of Brighton to offer a new Photography Club as part of the Saturday Club programme.
Photography Club is an artist led programme that will help you develop new technical and creative skills, create your own portfolio of artwork and gain a Bronze Arts Award! It’s also a chance to take part in a professional exhibition organised by Photoworks next summer.
Guided by photographic artist Lindsey Smith and undergraduates, you will work to a broad theme, exploring a range of photography techniques and processes including experimental processes as well as traditional camera skills.
This programme is completely free and takes place in the arts studios at the University of Brighton’s Grand Parade building. You don’t need a camera or any previous experience, just an interest in art and photography. Lunch will be provided.
Sessions take place across six Saturdays from 10am to 3pm and will include a London trip to Tate Modern and the Jerwood Space.
Saturday Club – Photography Club session dates:
Saturday 25 January, 10am-3pm
Saturday 15 February,10am-3pm
Saturday 7 March (London trip), all day
Saturday 28 March, 10am-3pm
Saturday 25 April, 10am-3pm
Saturday 16 May, 10am-3pm
How to get involved
Apply to take part by completing this application form. Priority will be given to those meeting the eligibility criteria.
You are eligible if you meet any of the following criteria:
- Your parents/guardian have not been to university.
- You are in care or have been in care before.
- You have lost contact with your family. Often referred to as estranged, but not in the care of the local authority.
- You have a diagnosed disability (including a learning disability)
- You are a young carer.
- You receive the 16-19 bursary.
- You received Free School Meals or Pupil Premium at secondary school.
- You live in an area where not many people go to university.
- You are studying an Access to Higher Education course / are a mature student.
- You are a refugee or asylum seeker.
Click here for more information.
Closing date for applications: Monday 6 January 2020
About Photography Club
Photoworks has been running seasonal Photography Clubs in partnership with a wide range of organisations across the city of Brighton & Hove since 2015.
You can find out more about previous editions of Photography Club here.