National Media Museum Photography Awards 2010
Published on 1 October 2010
We are delighted to partner the National Media Museum for the 2010 NMM Photography Awards.
The programme ran between 1st October 2010 – 1st July 2011
Following the success of the inaugural scheme in 2007, the National Media Museum has announced a fourth programme of Awards for photographic projects in partnership with Photoworks and five sponsors. The awards provide funds to talented photographers for the production of ongoing projects or a new body of work and provide support for them to develop and enhance their practice and profile.
Awards totaling £20,000 have been made to six artists: Jim Cooke, Anna Fox, Stuart Griffiths, Clarita Lulić, Regine Petersen and Vanessa Winship.
The Awards form part of our ongoing commitment to promoting the work of emerging and mid-career photographers. Photoworks will mentor the artists. We will publish a book of Stuart Griffiths’s work about Northern Ireland and are supporting Anna Fox to publish her recent work about Butlins.
The sponsors working in partnership with the Museum and Photoworks are:
- Michael G Wilson, Chairman of the Trustees of the National Media Museum
- Zelda Cheatle, Curator and Director of the Tosca Fund Photography Collection
- Simon Crocker, Chairman of The John Kobal Foundation
- Pierre Brahm, Chairman of the BRAHM and Henry & James Property Group
- James Hyman, James Hyman Gallery