Photoworks is launching a debut programme of Masterclasses. Join our Winter School to learn more about photography this new year. Delivered by industry experts, this is the perfect gift for anyone interested in furthering their contemporary photography knowledge.
The Masterclasses are curated around our upcoming programme and will be an opportunity to hear first-hand from educators, curators, artists, and cultural practitioners making exciting work within the photography sector.
The Winter School opens 19 January and will host four 2-hour online classes every Wednesday evening.
Meet our speakers:
Each class is £10, however, to attend all 4 classes we are offering a reduced bundle price of £35.
Bundle tickets include:
- Exclusive access to an online platform (Slack) to share ideas, resources, and network with others.
- A discussion group on 16 February 2022 5.30-6.30pm GMT (on Zoom) facilitated by our Assistant Curator, Ricardo Reverón Blanco
All attendees will have access to the online class alongside a handout created by the lecturer.
All lectures will be available to attendees for posterity in our Vimeo account after the programme ends.
Photoworks Masterclasses programme:
1. Breaking the Inner Rim: Images and Protests against Anti-Blackness, led by Zora J Murff (19 January 2022)
2. Comply and/or Resist: Photography After Capitalism, led by Prof. Ben Burbridge (26 January 2022)
3. Personal Stories as a Site for Protest, led by Natasha Caruana (2 February 2022)
4. On Making and Unmaking the World Through Images, led by Hoda Afshar (9 February 2022)