Applications for this opportunity have now closed. Check back later or sign up to our newsletter below for further updates:Register your interest here
Are you a mid-career artist looking to make new work?
We are pleased to launch a new opportunity in collaboration with The Ampersand Foundation for a mid-career photographer living in the UK. The Ampersand/Photoworks Fellowship will provide a transformative opportunity for a mid-career artist to complete a new body of work.
Whilst many opportunities exist for emerging and graduate photographers including our own Jerwood/Photoworks Awards, the UK currently has few high-profile open access opportunities for mid-career photographers that support artists to make and exhibit new work. This new opportunity aims to enable and nurture the creation of new work through a combination of support including a £15,000 award, mentoring and curatorial support, a dedicated public programme and digital content with international reach, production budget and touring exhibition.
The artist will be selected through a free open call; submissions are now open and will close at midnight Sunday 28 February 2021. We are looking for projects which are already in the development phase that will benefit from financial resources and curatorial guidance and which can be completed in a 12 month timeframe by April 2022.
The shortlist and final selection of the fellowship awardee will be decided by an expert panel of curators and artists to be announced shortly.
The awardee will make new work over a period of approximately 12 months throughout 2021, ready to be exhibited by Photoworks in 2022. The entire programme, including the resulting exhibition, will be curated and produced by Photoworks in collaboration with a partner touring venue.
This new opportunity is generously funded by The Ampersand Foundation and supported by our print partner Spectrum Photographic.
Key dates for your diary:
28 February 2021 – Deadline for applications
15 March 2021 – Longlist candidates notified
22 March 2021 – Shortlist candidates notified and Interviewed
31 March 2021 – Awardee announced
1 April 2021 to April 2022 – Making period, public programme and digital content
Mid 2022 onwards – Exhibition launches
How to apply:
1. Applications should be submitted via the platform Picter. You will need to create a Picter account and begin your application for the Ampersand/Photoworks Fellowship by filling in your personal details.
2. Please answer the following three questions and upload to Picter as a PDF.
- Please give an overview of your project (Max 500 words)
- How would your project ideally be exhibited? (Max 250 words)
- How would this opportunity be transformative for your career? How would it help you make the step change that you need? (Max 250 words)
3. Submit up to 15 images. These can be work in progress images from the project you are pitching or examples of previous work.Apply Now Ampersand/Photoworks Fellowship FAQs