Peer Matters is an artist-led development programme, facilitated by Eva Jonas, Ezra Evans and Marguerite Minnot Thomas, supported by Photoworks.
This is an opportunity to be part of a group of photographic artists interested in sustaining and enriching their existing photographic practices through peer-to-peer learning. Alongside traditional crit group frameworks, we will be experimenting with collaborative methods of exchange and learning.
Individuals will expand and develop their creative practice and embrace the potentials of learning from their peers within a community.
As the sessions progress content will be adapted to respond to the needs of the group. In part, this will involve industry professionals and creative practitioners participating in sessions to develop an understanding of areas relevant to the group, from publishing to creative economies and more.
- Deepen, expand, and empower individuals’ creative practices.
- Develop new creative networks.
- Experiment with collaborative methods of learning.
- Develop in areas (publishing, creative economies, exhibiting etc.) relevant to participants.
Who is it for?
- Early & mid-career artists
- Photographic artists in the midst of developing a body of work
- Artists interested in collaborative methods of learning
- Those not currently in education
- Artists currently residing in the UK
To apply now, please answer the questions in the document below, and send your response as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as Peer Matters & Your Name, by 9am Monday, 12 February 2024. In addition, please fill out our equal opportunity monitoring form.
22 February – Artists notified
Session Dates: 5 March, 9 April, 7 May, 4 June, 2 July
Sessions will take place Tuesday evenings 6pm – 9pm
We understand that applications can feel daunting and time consuming. Please keep each answer to one paragraph (approx. 250 words), a 2-minute video or voice recording and/or contact Danit Ariel via email@example.com to discuss your application over the phone.
Access support is available throughout this programme. Please get in touch with Danit to discuss how Photoworks can best support you.
*The sessions will be held online.
*This funded programme is free to participate.