Residency opportunities for three young artists
Photoworks and English Heritage are seeking proposals from young artists aged 18 – 25 keen to develop their practice with support from the Photoworks team and an experienced mentor. Three artists will each be commissioned to make a new body of artwork at an English Heritage site.
Three artists will be invited to spend time exploring and responding to an English Heritage free site that holds some significance for them, and other local people that it has meaning for.
Artist research & development, supported by Photoworks and English Heritage
Three sessions with an experienced mentor who will support your research & development for this commission
- Community engagement
- Production of a new body of work
- Public presentation of artwork
- Participation in a public programme
In return, a fee of £3,000 (inc VAT) will be paid to each artist, along with a separate budget to produce the work, support from the Photoworks team, and guidance from an experienced mentor who will be matched to suit their needs.
Please only apply if you can say yes to the following:
– You have the right to work in England
– You can make regular travel to your chosen heritage site
– Photography is your primary artistic practice
– You will not be in full-time education or full-time employment between January 2024 and August 2024.
10am, Monday 13 November 2023.