Published on 1 October 2015
Photoworks is always on the look out for great new work and we welcome submissions from photographers and artists using photography.
We are always on the lookout for new work, new ideas, new people and welcome submissions from practitioners using photography. We are an outward looking organisation who seeks out emerging talent, both submitted to us and while we are out and about seeing work.
Our online showcase profiles a selection of work we think is interesting and current. We also want to provide a forum for constructive feedback about new work.
Showcase is particularly aimed at recent graduates and emerging to mid-career photographers. If you are still a student, we ask that you wait until graduation, as you still have the opportunity to get critical feedback from your tutors and your fellow students.
To submit, please read and follow these guidelines carefully and then email us at email@example.com.
• Please email no more than 4 jpegs, in the order you would like them to be viewed.
• Images should be 72dpi and at between 1000 and 1400 pixels across at the widest angle. Please do not submit images that are bigger than this.
• Please name the images as follows: your first name-your second name-first word of title–image number.jpg. Please do not include any foreign accents or symbols in your file names as our system is unable to read them.
• All submissions should include a short covering statement about your work of 300 words max, followed by no more than three lines of biographical information (for example where you studied, any recent exhibitions or relevant experience). This text will be published with your images if you are selected.
• Please also indicate if your work has been previously published elsewhere.
• Please include the captions for your images. These should be formatted in the following way: © your name, the title of your work, the date of your work.
• Please include your contact details and a website link where available. We will publish your website address.
Photoworks aims to consider all submissions within one month. We will contact you if your work is selected for the showcase. Unfortunately, due to the large number of submissions, we are unable to give any individual feedback about your work, but please feel free to submit another body of work at a later stage if you are not selected first time.