Photoworks, Photography+ The Graduate Issue is designed for final year BA students and final year MA students graduating from photography courses in 2021. The selected works will be featured in Photoworks’ online magazine Photography+. In addition to this, selected photographers will receive a year-long Photoworks membership and bespoke mentoring from the Photoworks team. Our printing partner Spectrum Photographic, will award one of the selected artists with a printing voucher worth £200.
How to enter
This open call is free of charge. You can submit up to 10 images by 08 July 2021 accompanied by a short text with no more than 200 words max. Please be aware that you can enter once with one single project only – we cannot accept multiple projects. Your entry does not necessarily need to be your final graduation project, you can submit any recent body of work.
We welcome your application:
- If you are a current (2021) final Year BA or final year MA student.
We are looking for innovative ideas and strong narrative for this years issue.
Artists will be selected through an open call and the shortlist/final selection of awardees will be decided by an expert panel of curators and artists.
- Natasha Caruana, artist, lecturer and mentor
- Maryam Wahid, artist and lecturer
- Tshepiso Mabula, Photoworks writer and photographer
- Daniele de Luigi, Curator Giovane Fotografia Italiana, writer and critic
- Julia Bunnemann, Photoworks Curator
This opportunity is funded by Photoworks and supported by MPB and our print partner Spectrum Photographic. Photoworks is a registered charity and part of Arts Council England’s National Portfolio.
Selected works will feature in Photoworks’ online magazine Photography+. In addition to this, selected photographers will receive a year-long Photoworks membership and bespoke mentoring from the Photoworks team. Photography+ sponsor MPB will award three kit loans up to a value of £500 and our printing partner Spectrum Photographic, will award one of the selected artists with a printing voucher worth £200.
- Date of submission 18 June 2021
- Date and time of submission 8 July 2021 in this format: 23:59 Jul 11, 2021 BST
- All applicants will be notified on 10 August 2021
- Issue will be published on 31 August 2021
Contact details for submitters
Julia Bunnemann, Curator Photoworks