Women in Photography a Panel Discussion
1.30pm Wednesday 20 January 2016
London Art Fair
Business Design Centre, Islington N1
FREE for London Art Fair ticket holders, booking essential
The latest edition of Photoworks Annual looks at women and their roles in photography, as subjects, creators and consumers. For this panel discussion, contributors to the Annual explore themes raised within it and pose questions around the changing landscape of gender and visual culture within photography, with references to the 70s, 80s and now.
- Catherine Grant – art historian and lecturer in the Art and Visual Cultures Departments at Goldsmiths, University of London.
- Liz Heron – journalist, author and former member of the Hackney Flashers collective.
- Olivier Richon – artist and professor at the Royal College of Art, where he is head of the Photography programme. He is represented by Ibid. London & Los Angeles.
- Natasha Caruana – artist and Senior Lecturer of Photography at the University for the Creative Arts, Farnham.
- Max Houghton – writer, editor, curator and lecturer at London College of Communication.
London Art Fair ticket holders can book tickets for this talk at the London Art Fair website