Click on the images below to download our teachers’ packs for free:
The 2008 Brighton Photo Biennial examined photographic images of war, their making, use, circulation, and currency in contemporary society.
This third edition on the festival included work from Broomberg & Chanarin, Don McCullin, Frank Hurley, Geert Van Kesteren, Philip Jones Griffiths, Simon Norfolk, Thomas Hirschorn amongst many others.
- The ethics of photography
- Citizen journalism
- Media manipulation
- Persistence of vision: the memory of images
- Regarding the pain of others
- The military image-making machine
- Aftermath photography
- The effect of war on women and children
- Displacement through war
For more resources, click here.
For more information about the Brighton Photo Biennial, click here.